Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Blessings from Children's Mercy

My sister, Brandy, sent a beautiful notebook to Mallory for her hospital stay. The notebook is what Mallory chose to take back to surgery with her. As I was unpacking this evening, I noticed that several hospital staff members wrote messages to Mallory in her notebook.

Here are some excerpts from the notebook-

You are such a pleasant little girl and one of the best patients I have ever had the pleasure of taking care of.

You made me smile today because you were so happy and excited to stay with us for two days.

And this one is my absolute favorite!

Dear Mallory,
You are gorgeous and I am fortunate to be involved in your care! Thank you for putting up with the surgery! Hope you recover quickly!

Love- Vinny Singhal, M.D.
(Mallory's surgeon)


On a side note, we stopped at a Wendy's on the way home to get Mallory a milkshake. One of the employees was so tickled with Mallory that she gave her a Wendy's visor. It really brings things to perspective, that even on some of our worst days, a moment like that reminds us of what an inspiration our little girl is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm the Marketing Director at Children's Mercy. I came across your blog and wanted to say thank you for sharing your daughter's experience at Children's Mercy. Please consider sharing her story at www.MillionReasons.org where other parents can learn about your Children's Mercy experience.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails