Monday, August 10, 2009

Meet me at the House.....

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14:1-5



Raymond Duey July 31, 2009
Loetta Duey August 10, 2009
I have not been a part of the Duey family for very long. In the short 11 years that I have known Grandma and Grandpa Duey, I have grown to love them dearly and have a great appreciation for their way of life. They taught their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren; how to love, work hard, and appreciate life. No meal was eaten without prayer. They had a deep love for the Lord. My fondest memory of Grandpa is how his eyes would twinkle when we would stop by with the kids and how he would make his way to the closet to bring out the toys. He drove a bus and played baseball in Chester, Nebraska in his younger years. I always loved receiving letters from Grandma in the mail. She was a "true" letter writer. A lost art to this generation. Grandma and Grandpa never did anything apart, which makes it no surprise that Grandma found the way to Grandpa so quickly after his death. I will miss them dearly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails