Saturday, July 31, 2010

Caught the Bug?



We've caught the bug. 

While I was growing up, we called it "Slug Bug".  Volkswagon revised the whole punching thing to accomodate a new generation where you call out the color of the VW you see.  My kids (and husband) took this and ran with it. 

At first it was funny. Well, not so funny anymore, now that it's become a reality for me. The short trip to daycare each morning has now become a slugfest. 

I swear that my children know where every Volkswagon is in town. 

They anticipate it. 

They hold there fist high in anticipation.

They shout "Blue One!", "Yellow One!", and so on as they punch each other.

Guess I need to preach a little more "Love thy neighbor as thyself".

The game has now expanded to include the PT Cruiser.  Everytime they see one they punch and yell "Cruiser Bruiser".

A couple of days this has been banned from my car, for no other reason than my sanity or for the crazy days where I decide to haul five kids to Salina.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness!! My family is doing the SAME thing!!! I too, have had to place bans on them!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails