Saturday, October 2, 2010

Race Day.

Well, my big day arrived. 
My first race in over 15 years. 
The last few weeks were tough getting ready for it. 
I wanted to quit.  I was looking for a way to back out.
Then I heard the news of an old co-worker of mine, Nancy. 
She was one of the first people I knew when I moved to Abilene. 
Nancy had been diagnosed with lung cancer.
This gave me the motivation to run the race. 
Could I run like I used to? NO
Would I finish in the top 10? NO
Could I finish the race?  YES
So, I did.
2 miles in 21 minutes and 33 seconds. 
No school record. 
But not a time to be ashamed of.  I finished.

My dear husband attempted to get some photos. 
There's Jen and I as we passed by my house. 
Matt & Hannah watching the race. 
Matthew still isn't quite sure if running should be something that a mom does.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great job Shiloh! I think you made great time considering that it took me 37 minutes to run 3.1. :)
Maybe someday we can run a race together?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails