Friday, November 5, 2010

The sparkle in her eyes.

Recently I took Mallory to meet one of my favorite photographers, Meg.
Meg has a way of capturing the inner beauty of a person in her photography. 
I wanted to have Meg photograph Mallory.
Mallory is at a wonderful stage in life right now.
She has overcome so many obstacles this last year and is truly happy.
She is a joy to be around and I wanted to capture that.

You may wonder why I chose Meg.
I met her through my friends, Steph and Beccy.
You see, Meg, is one of my favorite bloggers.  I follow her posts almost daily.
Meg is about as real as it gets.  www.megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever

I knew that Mallory would like Meg.
Her photos show it.

Meg posted a photo of Mallory on her blog.  I don't typically cry. Often.
I did.  To know that in the hour we were with Meg that my girl made an impression. 
To read all the comments from other bloggers.
To see the words.... Beautiful.  Love the sparkle in her eyes.  Love the haircut.  The list goes on and on.
They all saw what I already knew. 
They looked beyond my daughters disability and saw her for the beautiful girl she is.
Thank you, Meg, for capturing that.




7 comments:

Jen said...

This brought a tear to my eye, too. Mallory is a BEAUTIFUL child and she is perfect exactly the way God made her.

meg duerksen said...

i loved it.
i prayed before i came to meet you that i would be what you needed. i prayed for God to show me the way to help mallory feel comfortable.
i think he blessed us in that hour.
i really enjoyed our time together! i hope we can do it again someday. :)

Holly said...

Meg did a wonderful job! Mallory is absolutely beautiful!

jeana said...

I love this! I know how you feel, and would love to have someone around that could bond with our son in that way. Mallory IS beautiful, and fearfully and wonderfully made!

Blessing to you and yours,
Jeana

Cari said...

I came across your blog from Meg's sidebar. It was titled blessings and it directed me here. I remember when she posted the picture of your daughter. Though I didn't comment on the original post, I do remember thinking "What a beautiful girl". I'll be perfectly honest -- from the outside, I never would've known Mallory had a disability had you not mentioned it. She is beautiful and her eyes are so warm and inviting -- indeed, full of sparkle. Blessings to you today!
~Cari in Little Rock, AR

danielle @ take heart said...

beautiful!

Jill said...

truly beautiful!!! and her eyes do just sparkle...what a treasured gift!
Many Blessings!
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails