Friday, July 22, 2011

Swim Lessons- Session 2

Another session of swim lessons is complete.
I know that I made the right choice putting Matthew and Hannah in back-to-back sessions. 
It has built their confidance and made summer busy and fun.

Matthew was in Level 3 this round.  They worked a lot on treading water and fine tuning their strokes.

Matthew can now swim across the pool without difficulty.

He now has a love for the diving board.


He loves to experiment with his jumps.

This session he also went off the high dive twice. 
It was not his favorite thing, but he did it.

Matthew passed Level 3.  That's two levels in one summer!

Hannah was in Level 2 this session.

She was one of the smallest in her class.  Shew worked so hard at learning all the new skills.

She loves the slide.

And, she went off the diving board with her swim instructor there to help.

She loved it.  But promptly told me "I do not like the high dive, though."  My reply was "How can you say that you don't like it if you have never tried it?"

She immediately walked over to the high dive and tried it.

As soon as she made it back over to the side of the pool she told me "Now, I don't like the high dive. "

Hannah did a great job with learning all the skills that come with Level 2.  Next summer she will repeat Level 2 to fine tune those skills and progress on to Level 3.

It's a busy 4 weeks running back and forth to swimming lessons but when it's all said and done, I do miss it.  Until next summer.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails