Monday, August 13, 2012

Matthew's Baptism.

Matthew made the decision to be baptized this summer.
He gave his testimony in front of a church full of people.


My name is Matthew Walter. I am 9 years old. I have known Jesus for as long as I can remember because my parents have taken me to church since I was little. I have gotten to know Jesus through my parents, church, and prayer. I like to be around people that know Jesus, like at youth group and church camp. It makes me sad to know of people that do not know Jesus. The bible to me is more than just a book it’s my guide through life. It’s comforting to know that Jesus is with me all the time, and is like a really close friend, especially when I’m sad. I have a friend who doesn’t know Jesus and I want her to know more so I tell her about him. I want to be baptized because I choose to follow Jesus and want others to know it.

There were 18 people that gave their testimonies and were baptized at our church's Baptism Event.  In one word, "Amazing".
After the testimonies, everyone heads to the swimming pool for the baptisms and a pool party.  It was a bit chilly but still a spectacular event!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails