Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Accidents Happen.

Our Labor Day started off with the best laid plans......Family bike ride in the morning followed by a trip to Beloit to see friends after lunch.

Sometimes the best laid plans can turn awry.

Our family bike rides include the whole family, even the dog. 

On our way home from Old Abilene Town, I managed to run over my dog when she crossed in front of my front bike tire.  The dog was fine, however I was not. 

I immediately felt a pop in my knee and had major swelling. 
Todd helped me up and I thought that my knee would be fine.  We biked the mile home. 
Once home, it was apparent that my knee was no OK.

I spent the day on ice and ibuprofen was my new friend.

Unable to bear weight through my knee, I reluctantly went to the doctor.  Followed by an MRI, then a trip to the orthopedic surgeon.

Our nice little family bike ride earned me a cracked femur, torn ACL and torn MCL.  Beautiful, indeed. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails