Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mallory's Doctor Appt

Monday, we met with a developmental pediatrician in Wichita. It's been an 18 month long wait. We spent 1 1/2 hours at the clinic. Dr Kerschen spent most of the time interviewing Mallory and me. I was tickled at the fact that she carried on a conversation with Mallory. She basically wanted to understand "a day in the life of Mallory Walter". She then wanted to discuss our concerns.

I listed them as follows:

1. Sleep (did anyone doubt that this would be top on my list?)
2. Behavior (mainly attention span and the inability to stay focused)

She immediately recommended a higher dosage of melatonin for sleep (we are actually doubling the dosage). She is going to research meds for behavior. I was very pleased with the visit. We go back for follow-up on December 18th.

Mallory and I spent the rest of the day in Wichita. She got to pick where to eat lunch (Chili's). We then spent a good hour at Toys-R-Us. She had fun telling me what she would like for Christmas. We stopped in at Kohl's and grabbed a few items on sale. It was a day well spent!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I am so glad you were pleased with Dr Kerschen! That is who we've taken Garrett to. Nice lady - she never made us feel rushed and seemed genuinely interested in helping us get things lined out for Garrett!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails