Thursday, January 13, 2011

82 messages

Recently I posted the following on Facebook for Mallory's birthday-


My girl, Mallory, turns 11 on Saturday. For those of you that know her, she's not a party girl, doesn't care for cake, but she would love for you to leave her a comment here. Wish her Happy Birthday and leave your favorite memory of her so that I can read them to her. I dare you to make her day!


The response was tremedous.  82 messages to my sweet girl wishing her the best of days.  I was truly humbled at the response.  All of the friends and family that took the time to respond.....YOU ROCK!


Some of my favorite were:


From Brenda :   Mallory, I hope you have a super-duper birthday! I remember the first time I met you. It was at a baseball game and it was really hot and I was really bored and you came and sat down next to me and we talked and laughed and I knew at that moment I met a very special person who would be a blessing in my life!


From Jana:    Happy Birthday Mallory!! I still remember the times I would babysit you. I remember the night I fed you spagetti and you had it all over you. From the top of your head to the tips of your toes. So funny!! Darrel and I had many laughs with you. And I you always had a smile on your little face!!! Miss you


From Aunt Deb:   Happy Birthday Mallory! My favorite memory.....hmmm, I can only pick one? I guess my favorite memory would have to be at Grandma Shirley's garage sale a couple years ago when you convinced that bald headed guy to buy a wig. That was really great salespersonship! You are a jewel and I love you very much. Have a wonderful day.




The words used to describe Mallory....amazing, beautiful, special, happy.  Very fitting, very true. 
 
So many people have come and gone through her 11 years of life, every one of them making an impact.  But I have a feeling that Mallory's impact on them was far greater.
 
The message that came the farthest was from Amber Book.  She was Mallory's bus driver.  She is now a missionary in Indonesia. 
 
One of my most favorite boys, Noah, has been Mallory's friend for years.  Noah and his family recorded the sweetest video singing "Happy Birthday".  This was the highlight of Mallory's day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails