Thursday, January 20, 2011

Why I Work.

Hannah brought this book home yesterday.  At first glance, I felt guilty.  
I AM jealous of my friends that stay home with their children.
I do know that staying at home was just not in the cards for us.

I thought a lot about this.  I dwelled on it.  I was worried that maybe Hannah was upset that I worked and didn't stay home with her.

So, after all this thinking about staying at home versus working, I asked Hannah why she brought this specific book home. Her reply was "Because Mom, I thought you might be in it, because you work." All this concern over whether Hannah felt she was getting the short end of the stick because her mom works and........I was wrong. She is proud that her mom works. What a girl!

I realized that our family really is blessed, even though I work.
I am blessed with a GREAT job and a decent income.  I love my co-workers.
I am also blessed with a wonderful childcare provider. 
She has taken care of my children for over 8 years.  She IS family to us.
I am blessed with ability to NOT miss any of my kids events & activites.  That is if they want me there.  I cherish the time I do have with my kids. 
Even though I work, I have been blessed with GOOD kids.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails