Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Never a dull moment....

There has not been one dull moment in this house since Hannah Rose came into this world.  She makes me smile and laugh.  God made her in her own uniqueness and then quickly broke the mold when he realized what he had created.

Here are some snippets from conversations with Hannah over the past 6 months.  

So, Hannah says to me this morning "Mom, if you have to be 21 to drink beer, then you have to be really old to drink coffee right?"

Hannahism for the day: "Mom, that idea came from my very own brain!"

My heart sunk. Every parents worst nightmare.  Hannah informed me tonight that she likes KU more than K-State. I didn't know how to respond. I began to wonder what I had done wrong in raising her. Then I realized that there is indeed worse things in life. She could have told me that she was a Nebraska fan.

Hannah told me she would like two moms since several of her friends have split households. I replied "Well I guess so, as long as I can be the "nice mom"."

Alright, second thoughts on letting my little Hannah be her own creative, independent self. Two hours of cleaning her mess of a room is ridiculous. However.......I did find some jewelry I was missing and a few books. I also found her stash of Elmer's Glue, scissors, and a black Sharpie marker. Lord only knows what she was up to!

Hannah and I got to ride the 3415 Steam Engine back from Enterprise today. I couldn't help but laugh as she got her groove on and sang to the Engineer and Fireman "I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, MOVE IT!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails