Friday, February 17, 2012

It's been worth it.


Today, Todd & I celebrate 11 years of marriage. 

I have spent almost 14 years together with my best friend. 

Pretty amazing with today’s standard of marriage counted by days and weeks, not years.  It makes me question when society became so weak.  When did it become appropriate to want something so badly and then once it becomes hard to just turn away and give up? 

This was not the way I was raised. 

My parents have been married for nearly 36 years. 

Do they have the perfect cookie cutter marriage?  No. 

Have those 36 years been easy? No. 

But after 36 years, I do know that my parents enjoy each other. 

They prefer their time spent- Together.

A great model of how marriage can work, even when it’s not easy.

So what have I learned from watching my parents that has worked for my marriage?


1.
They make time to be together.
2.
They have fun.
3. They are on the same team.
4.
Their top priority is family.



Marriage is not always easy but it is always worth it if you work for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails