Thursday, February 17, 2011

My personal thoughts.

I read an article today that said with the budget cuts proposed by the Governor that the Head Start program could lose significant funding.  I have posted the article from the Salina Journal below.


Head Start did amazing things for our family.  Mallory was able to attend at the age of 3.  She rode the bus to school and was able to receive all the educational, speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy services she needed all in one setting.

As a working parent this was tremendous.  Mallory's needs were many and to receive those services outside of the school would have meant me possibly not working.  As a parent of a child with special needs, Head Start was the right start for Mallory into the school system .

That is my personal story.  But also through my experiences as a parent advocate, I saw how Head Start assisted so many families.  The benefits are endless.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails