Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day.....was pretty uneventful, but relaxing.

Todd and I cooked supper with Hannah.
Chicken Fried Steak
Mashed Potatoes
Corn
Rolls

We also tried out our new mixer.  Love. It.

Todd brought flowers home for the girls and I. 
Roses for Mallory and Hannah.
Tulips for me.  (my favorite)




We had Valentine's Day cookies.  (Store bought, of course.)

We attempted to make a carrot cake.  Todd suggested a bundt cake and I went along with it.  Turns out carrot cakes do not turn out so well in a bundt pan.  It was very moist, but didn't hold it's shape.
Hannah asked in a distressed voice "Mom, what is wrong with YOUR cake?" 
Notice that I took the fall on this one.
I've never confessed to being Betty Crocker. :)

We spent the rest of the evening piled in the living room watching TV. 
No housework.  No homework.  Just relaxing. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails