Thursday, February 3, 2011

Totally Unexpected.


Raising a daughter like Mallory is challenging to say the least.
Constantly navigating the world of Smith Magenis Syndrome gives me a major headache.
Makes me long for a hot bath and a cold drink.

All the hoops to jump.
The constant scrutiny.
Some days I just want to curl up in a corner.
Meetings upon meetings. Questions upon questions.
Have you tried? 
You should....
Have you thought of?  
Everybody has input, but sometimes you wonder if they really "get it". It's always easier being the arm chair quarterback, never having to throw a pass.
I want to scream "Walk a day in my shoes and then tell me what you think!"
There are days that I wonder if I have made the right choice, spent the right amount of time, did the right thing by Mallory.
 
It all can make a girl cRaZy!

Today, I received the nicest compliment.  Totally unexpected in my inbox.  It made my day!

"Praise God for Mallory!!! She is a wonderful kid! I see the great strides she has made from last year to this year. :) She is amazing!!! You are amazing too!!! Your love for Mallory radiates! :)"

Sometimes all it takes is a compliment, a pat on the back, a smile.......I've learned that parents need that positive reinforcement too.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I couldn't agree more. I have been given all kinds of parenting advice from people who love to armchair quarterback. No one knows what it is like 24/7 - except the parent of that child.
You are a wonderful mom. And Mallory is a wonderful kid. I am lucky to know both of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails