Wednesday, May 11, 2011

More Projects......

I think that we finally eradicated the mole that was wrecking havoc in our yard.  My proof was finding my dog rolling around in the yard on his remains.  Yuck!
Now that he is gone, the yard needs a major overhaul. 
The nice beautiful grass we had last summer is no more.
Who would've thought one small creature could be so destructive?


I finally finished painting our patio set. 
It was this awful seafoam green before.
Now, it's this nice stone brown.  Better. 
Menards just opened in Salina and that's where I found the seat cushions.


I have not found the time to fill all my planters yet.
My boss did get me some beautiful geraniums.  They have brightened up the area.


I transplanted some irises last fall and they are doing pretty well.

The landscaping at our home was terribly neglected prior to our purchase of the house.
I have spent the last couple of weekends doing a major overhaul.
I'm not done, but am starting to see some progress.



This is one of the smaller landscaping beds with the edging reset and new rock.


This area was and still is a complete mess. 
There were shrubs scattered throughout and they seemed so out of place.   I dug them up and gave them a new home.  They look more at home on the west entrance.



  1. We have tried repurposing and using rock from the existing beds.  It's been a great chore for the kids. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails